Sunday, September 18, 2016

Back to the Trail... with a Free Rider

We are going to try it again-- the Appalachian Trail, that is-- Forrest would really like to finish what we've started.  I would just like it all somewhere so far behind me that we never discuss returning to it again. Our packs are lighter, as it is 82 degrees in Virginia right now, but I am heavier, as I am 6 months pregnant.
There really never was a better time to be pregnant, given the popularity of lycra-based pants and La Croix sparkling water. But, alas, I will be leaving these sweet commodities behind to again take up my pack.
We believe we can finish the last 530 miles to Mt. Springer in 35 days, so start your clocks. (I actually don't believe I can do it, and being a quitter is not something I am above.)

2 comments:

The Mortenson Family said...

You amaze me and congrats!

Re:Whatever is: said...

Thanks, Chrissy! Get the advice coming;)!