Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Cash-aroake

Jami´s latest on what´s cool in MSP:

I had the benefit of experiencing Casharoeke last night. You heard it right. Cash-aroeke. It's kareoke but with a live Johnny Cash band, and it's my new favorite thing. Every monday night Lee's Liquor Bar hosts this fabulous event. There were some truly hard core Johnny Cash wannabees, dressed all in black and everything, but it's okay if you're not inspiring to Johnny or June Carter as well. Do not be deceived from the outer appearance of Lee's. From the outside it looks as though the local crack addicts and hookers own the place, but inside it's a whole different story. It's the cleanest dive bar I've ever seen. The best part is it's Elvis Presley shrine. Sure there were still a couple local crack heads in the corner, but they were so far gone they were harmless. So if you like Cash, Johnny that is, head down to Lee's Liquor on monday night. It's located on the corner of 12th and Glenwood, downtown Minneapolis. I'll be there and if you give me enough to drink I might get on stage and make an ass of myself. It's a win win situation, there's no reason not to go.

No comments: