Sunday, March 20, 2011

Bolivia: I miss you already.

I'm headed home. In 3 days and 5 flights, I'll be back to so-called "real life." The Bolivian guard that was responsible for my drug search at the La Paz airport was really interested in how much I liked his country. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I get as much as a "welcome home" from my own border guards. 
I can't sum it all up, but here are some quotes and pics that capture people and moments that made up the last few months of my life...

 "Nada es puntual in Bolivia, pero todo es posible." -Diego


What you get when you order coffee in Bolivia... Kbay, here I come!


"You are the least flexible person in South America." -Chris (to salesguy when negotiating unsuccessfully for a different price)

"Everything will be possible in 10 minutes." -Cameron

Salaar de Uyuni


"You can't have too many men in your basket." -Raphy




So, the Incas were so advanced that they could market urine?

"I am no longer confident in farting." -Josh

I'm headed for a land where toilets take on more responsibilities









"Remember: the birds, the butterflies, and the views all want you to die." -Leith



I've thought this through, and this country has made me a better person. I'm not sure how, but I can feel it... and it's not just indigestion or altitude sickness, because this country has taught me to recognize those things as well. 




No comments: