Thursday, January 16, 2014

Back with an Announcement!

I've been gone a while and left you with kind of a cliff-hanger. Sorry.

No Sheryl, I did NOT take the homicide-inducing malaria medicine.  I'm sure we can credit that small decision, along with a host of other things, to my recent engagement to that same boy who traveled through Kenya with me.

Forrest and I have been dating about two years now. He romantically chose to propose at my parents lake home in Minnesota, because it is one of my favorite places in the world.  Forrest had never been there before. He's originally from Florida.  The weather, unromantically, was -25 with a -50 windchill.

The outdoor proposal on the deck he had planned turned into waiting on one knee at the bottom of the stairs clad in a down jacket. He used the engagement ring that was a gift from my grandmother. The proposal was sweet, romantic, and blessedly room temperature.

We're the kind of people that take our own engagement photos. This is it.

Little did I know, the second you announce your engagement, your midwestern mother rolls out plans she has been making since you were in the womb. Forrest and I are thinking of a small wedding with family and a fun party. My mother is thinking of a guest list longer than the population of some countries, a full orchestra with a gospel choir, and, oh yeah, don't forget the sequin-bedazzled elephants. 

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Congrats! I only just saw your comment on my blog and came over here to check yours out. A huge congrats on the news!