Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Advertising Christmas? Already?

I know it's early, but I went to the post office yesterday and the clerk tried to sell me yuletide stamps. On Halloween! I mean, I know Halloween was on a Monday so we were all done celebrating it anyway, but that doesn't mean October is over and I am ready to talk Santa Claus.
...but, what do you want for Christmas? I want a new vacuum cleaner. One that actually vacuums. The service mine performs is to take dirt off the floor in front of it, and shoot it out the back. After running this piece of machinery around the room, not only are the floors still dirty, but so are my feet and ankles.
I want one of those vacuums that they advertise building a hovercraft out of in the back of Boys' Life magazine.  There is no way my vacuum could be turned into a hovercraft.
Of course, we shouldn't get everything we want. If I could turn my vacuum into a hovercraft, I would. Then I would have a hovercraft AND the same old dirt-spraying vacuum. And, I don't really need a hovercraft.  So, bad idea. Good thing it's too early for Christmas wishes. 

No comments: