Sunday, April 10, 2011

Dog Party

People in Homer LOVE dogs. Dog treats are handed out by businesses, dogs are considered invited everywhere, and leashes are considered cruel and unusual.
I guess it shouldn't surprise me that my friend hosts a birthday party for his dog. He invites all his friends with dogs, and the dogs usually outnumber the humans at the event. I don't have a dog, so my invitation had to include a waiver, excusing me for not bringing a dog, and letting me know I was a guest on probationary status.
My friend plans party games for the dogs (throwing handfuls of treats into the air and watching the dogs hunt for them), makes them wear party hats, and he even made a birthday cake. This year's cake was made of salmon and halibut. The dog needed help blowing out his candles.  Miraculously, there was not a dog fight. 

I don't know what else to say, besides that I can't make this stuff up.

No comments: